Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My house, to return to

This is what Lauren E. Simonutti has said :

"A house, to which one expects to return but does not, becomes a relic.

I stepped out the door one day for what I anticipated would be a moment and did not return for weeks. The impetus for the absence is a fascinating, devastating, poignant and somewhat tragic story, which I will not tell.
Upon my return I looked at my home as though it belonged to a stranger. I live a solitary existence so the things I had left , as I had left them, were all that would have remained to speak for me. I wondered what the individuals elected (or hired) to wipe it all away would have thought.
So I decided to let the rooms have their say.
My house is a work in progress. Tragedy in reverse. It had fallen apart before I bought it.
I am falling it back together."

It is not far at all from what i feel about my house .. It feels as she, my house has got me and im stuck in it .. To always return here from any attempt to escape

---

No comments:

Post a Comment